Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been covered before.

I'm in the process of putting a 75TS motor into my 1992 Spider, and would like to MegaSquirt&Spark it. Given that I am UTTERLY HOPELESS at assembling, soldering, wiring anything I was looking at sites such as DIYAutoTune for the assorted bits and pieces.

Questions:

1- What do I need? (Besides the basic MS&S unit) I see a lot of other stuff available and I am at a loss for determining what I'll need.

2- What is the best site for purchasing something already assembled and ready for installation?

Thanks!

-Joe in SoFla

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jerry from DIYAutoTune.com here-- I just stumbled onto your message, and seeing you hadn't had a response yet I'll help you out with what we normally recommend. I could list it here but we have a couple pages on our site that lay this out pretty well so it's easiest to link there...

Here are our recommedations for a complete system

And here are some common quotes to go along with the above

I think between these two docs you'll be well on your way-- but check out our FAQ as well, it's pretty helpful I think: http://www.diyautotune.com/faq/faq.htm

If you have any questions shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll get back to you quickly-- the email line is manned full time Mon-Fri 9-5 EST.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've purchased a full v3 MS kit from DIYAutoTune and just recently, a MSII chipset. The service was quick... although when i got the harness (12' I think), a couple of the wires were switched... The +12v wire and one of the IAC ones. It didn't matter at all, and I didn't bother complaining as it was a very quick fix. I plan to order a wideband setup from them soon as They definately appear to be the best (for my application).
Thanks Jerry!

by the way:
The stim is pretty useful but not for very long. Get one on ebay if you can. I certainly don't think i'll use mine again. If you are building your own ECU, you probably SHOULD have one.
The relay board is definately optional. If your alfa is already fuel injected, don't bother.. as it already has the relays setup. Just be sure to rewire them if necessary.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Foundsoul....i saw your post...I have been extensively researching the megasquirt II v3 this seems excellent ...I question is how does one take advantage of the ignition and timing advance/retard function on a twinspark engine..havent seen what is done...

say if one were to add a 36-1 on the crank ..vr sensor to read it, ( edis coil) except instead of a 4 coil edis, get two sets of 4 ...

what would be done next so that two different coils say lead 1 on each coil woudl fire at the same time........( i hope that i have not confused you with improper terms)

thank you kindly for taking the time to read this.

Anyone else have insight....

·
Registered
503 Posts
You can just wire up two independent EDIS 4 modules/ coils and just splice the wires and shares the VR. This has been done before and works.
(I sell EDIS 4, 6 and 8 kits)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts