Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The straight fitting on the outlet of the aluminium fuel pump body has come out. I am not sure whether this was a press fitting which has come loose due to heat or whether the welding has failed. The pump works well otherwise as I was able to push the fitting back in. There are no visible leaks.
However for driveabilty is it possible to have the straight fitting welded to the top of the aluminium body?

(Note: the unit installed on my car is similar to the one in the photo below.)

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply Q.V.
I am sorry to hear of the damage caused by the fuel fire back in 2012.
Are you still enjoying your restored 76 Alfetta sedan?
And yes the fuel pump pump does look something like that image.
Repair or buy a new one?

(I will try to post a photo)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Oh, sorry! It's RobNH's car, not mine! :D

Of course, you decide, but I'd like to have a spare one in the trunk...

·
Registered
6,598 Posts
Neither are original equipment, so take your choice......

But I would NOT reinstall one after the brass fitting has come loose. You don't want it pumping fuel all over a hot motor if it comes out again !

·
Registered
186 Posts
In or OUT??

I have a pump like the one Alfettagt2000 posted on the first post. I removed the hoses to replace them and know I can't remember which is which :surprise:... what a genius!! and I can't see down in there too well.

How do you ID the in from the out fitting???? are they marked?? Don't want to remove the pump just to see which is which if I don't have to.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
VeloceGT

The inlet fitting is on the left hand side (when viewed from the flange mounting face).

When installed onto the side of the engine this would then mean that the inlet is towards the front of the car. Consequently the outlet is towards the rear of the car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
TKS Alfettagtv2000

I just looked at it (mounted on the engine)and seemed logical to put the inlet closer to the outside of the engine and the fispa filter. So Thanks!! Got it right on the first try.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The configuration on my car is as follows:
Fuel line to fuel hose to pump inlet;
Pump outlet to fuel filter inlet;
Fuel filter outlet to carburetors.

(edit: To be 100 % sure......."2) Disconnect the outlet pipe from the fuel pump. 3) Disconnect the LT wire from the ignition coil to prevent the engine from starting. 4) Operate the starter and have an assistant check for regular well defined spurts of fuel being ejected from the pump outlet...")

New pump installation:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts