Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 Spider and would like to find a mechanic in the area. Any recommendations?

Grazie!
Diavola

·
Registered
349 Posts
In the 1970's there was an Alfa Romeo, Fiat dealer in Santa Rosa called Smothers. Maybe Smothers European, a Volvo and MB dealer might know of a competent AR mechanic. 707-542-4810 You may also want to give Smothers Foreign Auto Parts (where the Alfa Romeo dealer was located) a call, as well. 707-527-7200

Have you also tried:

Wayne Pentecost and Sons on Piner Rd., 707-546-3492

Buskirk Italian Auto Repair in Novato, 415-883-8595

Good luck,

--Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the 1970's there was an Alfa Romeo, Fiat dealer in Santa Rosa called Smothers. Maybe Smothers European, a Volvo and MB dealer might know of a competent AR mechanic. 707-542-4810 You may also want to give Smothers Foreign Auto Parts (where the Alfa Romeo dealer was located) a call, as well. 707-527-7200

Have you also tried:

Wayne Pentecost and Sons on Piner Rd., 707-546-3492

Buskirk Italian Auto Repair in Novato, 415-883-8595

Good luck,

--Doug
Thanks Doug. Gotta get the ol' girl in shape for July Alfa month!!!

Those are the few I found in my search. Looks like Wayne is the ONLY Alfa Repair near Santa Rosa, CA. Will be hanging out with him on Monday.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
A bit south of Sonoma County, but the Alfaman in Novato is absolutely the "bomb". He does absolutely great work, and I'm pretty picky, and as a recovering engineer, know the difference between good and bad work.

415.382.6020. 46 Hamilton Drove, Novato.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've used Alfaman since I've had my GTV for a couple of years, and agree about his ability, knowledge, and sincerity.
Only found Wayne and Sons when I was buying bottles at the supply shop next door and noticed a couple of Alfas. Seemed like a good guy and the shop looked organized (unlike Mike's on Santa Rosa Ave).

Have you gone to Wayne and had them do any work?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Doug.

Just wanted to get back to you... perhaps I will post to the mechanics/tech forum. I'm somewhat luke warm about Wayne. He's a great guy and his sons work on the cars as well... but I feel like he doesn't have the "special touch" that Roselli Foreign Car has in San Jose. Robert Roselli is a magician - makes my Alfa purrrrr and Wayne hasn't mastered that.

I may try the guy in Novato - don't know. If you found any others since our last chat, please let me know.

Diavola

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Mike.

I think I'll go to AlfaMan instead of Wayne & Sons. I like Wayne and his sons are great guys, but they don't know Alfa's like Roselli and I'm looking for that magic touch. My Spider is just not performing as well as it was with Roselli.

Thanks for the referral.

Diavola

1 - 8 of 8 Posts