Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I am looking for a mechanic in Los Angeles. Most convenient geographically for me is Alfa Milano in West LA. I have seen this shop discussed elsewhere on this board.

Does anyone have any experience with Alfa Milano or have any other recommendations?

I need ignition work on my 71 Spider 1750 Veloce. I inherited this car last summer and my friend and I got it running, after it had been mothballed for 20 years. However, it was running poorly. We narrowed the problem to the fuel injector and sent that to Wes Ingram to be rebuilt. The problem now is that we cannot get a spark out of the coil for some reason. I'd also like to just take a look at the car and see if there is anything that we missed that might be of concern.

Thanks for your recommendations!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I use Omega Motorsport in Culver City. Uwe is very good with the Alfas life yours.

Omega Motorsports
3822 Clarington Ave.
Culver City, CA 90232

310 836-3160

Art

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you don't mind going to a mechanic south of there, I recommend taking it to International Dream Cars. They're located right off the Inglewood exit of the 405 in Lawndale. Dan's great with Alfa's and very reasonable. 310-937-7400

·
Registered
91 Posts
Alfa Milano is a great shop. The owner, Aqile Gemba, is an Alfa-trained mechanic. He has a great staff which completes all repairs amazingly quickly. He's extremely knowledgeable about Alfas. The only negative that I can think of is that you should be prepared to spend an enormous pile of money.

·
Registered
209 Posts
For me, It's Santo's Italian in Northridge. They know Alfa's very well and do what the car needs. Mine's a daily driver and a track day car. It's never let me down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts