Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour,

I want to mount the original clutch mechanism with a new disc and the technical book speaks about a specific tool for the measurement "A" : 40.64mm +/- 42.15mm.

This is the distance between the pressure plate and the 3 buttons - where the
realese bearing push the clutch mechanism.

Somebody knows this tool ?

Merci d'avance

Laurent

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Wow! Not that critical.

I have the tool to hold the pieces secure when a clutch is taken apart, but have used it only when I do take apart a clutch so I can have the pressure plate resurfaced, and then put it back together. That measurement is done, however, once the clutch is back together (or without even taking it apart) before re-bolting it to the flywheel. One needs basically to examine the surface edge of the three buttons to see how much wear on them from previous contact with the "throw out" bearing facing. Main concern is that (1) they are uniform so all three points are contacted by the face of that throw out bearing evenly and (2) do not touch the bearing constantly because one does not want the bearing to be constantly turning and eventually "howling". Two millimeters variance is what I would call an "eye ball" measurement. Stick a ruler or something in there to measure how far that is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts