Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really excited about how the AlfaBB is growing. We're pushing 400 members!

I think that's just so F****n' cool!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
easy son, no need to blaspheme! The general. Remember, those who admire this marque are gentleman.
Takes more than combat gear to make a man,
Takes more than a license for a gun.
Confront your enemies, avoid when you can,
A gentleman will walk, but never run.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yessir!

Do as the gen'l sez. Long live the BB. It's a hoot to see that others have the "affliction.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I noticed that last night too. Way to go Simon, Sniady & Italcarguy! I have invited many Alfisti. But I only know of one that joined as a result of my invite.

We did it without any f****n' chin noogies! :p

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
67GTV said:
We did it without any f****n' chin noogies! :p

HAHAHA, yeah, I too am over the "f****n' chin noogies".

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I'm really excited about reaching the 400 milestone as well! I'd just like to say that all the credit goes to the great Alfisti that contribute and post (good, bad, informative, and OT) I love it all.

Looking forward we hope to get the word out to all of the national and international Alfa Romeo organizations thru whatever means we can. Also in the works is some site rebuilding built around the forums. A few ideas would be some tech articles and a featured car of the month. As with everything we have lots of ideas but just finding the time to hunker down and do the work is a whole other deal.

Thanks for the support, enthusiasm, and lets keep on spreading the Alfa Romeo virus!

·
Registered
484 Posts
But just imagine what could become of the alfa bb if we used the most powerful, unstoppable, omnipotent CHIN NUGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
generaljimt said:
easy son, no need to blaspheme!
Aye aye SIR!

Crude perhaps, but certainly not blasphemous!

Remember I grew up in Brooklyn - My grandmother talked that way! Its the occasional "catso!" or "Porca madonna!" which makes Italian such an emphatic language.

I promise to keep it clean.
:D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Simon, did you know that there is a village on the Greek island of Chios that is called Mesta. Just an interesting fact. As is the fact that Christopher Columbus was Greek. You see Italian names end in vowels, ie- Columbo, Esposito, Soprano, etc. Greek names on the other hand end in "s", ie- Pappas, Vafiadis, Terazakis, etc. In addition, it is well documented that Columbus was in Chios, because it was the navel hub of the mediteranean. You see in the global economy of the time, Chios produced, as it still does, mastic (in Greek-mastiha). It is basically a chewing gum made from the sap of a tree that will only grow in Chios. This was a very valuable commodity as it was used in fermentation and added flavor to liquor. In any event, PBS had a great documentary about Columbus and their conclusion was that his ethnicity is up for grabs. The Italians, Spaniards, and Greeks all lay claim to his heritage. Who knows for sure, but I'll bet you he'd drive an Alfa, not a Hyundai, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
I love PBS!

I watched the history of Benjamin Franklin and was quite blown away by his whole story. This guy was a genius not only for himself but also for the whole community and country.

I'll keep on the lookout for the Columbus show time. Thanks for the history lesson General.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Christopher Columbus is his American name and that's what everybody calls him but his real name is Cristoforo Colombo, which is Italian. I recieve a Italian newspaper here in Los Angeles called L'italo-Americano and it always has stories abou him and that he was born in Genova Italy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I will defer to Italian cars because I love them, however, we must accept the fact that the Greeks civilized the world. Remember in the words of Sophicles, "It's good to be beautiful,
but it's beautiful to be good!!"
My 100th post is as brilliant as my first.
The general.

·
Registered
133 Posts
interesting fact

I can't recall when the Greeks civilized America, maybe when it was named after Amerigo Vespucci? Oh....., sorry he was Italian too!

By the way the exclamation is: Cazzo! As in: Ma che cazzo stai dicendo!

Ciao belli

·
Registered
880 Posts
I to can't remembr when Greeks civilized America. Even if it's true we were not talking about civilization, we were talking about what nationality Cristoforo Colombo is. Hey alfa-sportivo i agree with you, che cazzo sta dicendo cuell'individuo
Ciao
Gian Paolo

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ti les re pedaki mou. Tha xanagrapsoume tin historia tou kosmou?
Gentlemen, again I love Alfas, however, the history of the world is what it is. As for America, look at the language. Half, if not more of the words have a Greek root. Especially in science and medicine.
For example, biology-biologia, chemistry-chemia, cardiac-cardia, otolaryngologist-otolaryngologos, believe me I could go on forever. Socrates, Plato, Homer, Aristophones, Aristotle, Sophicles, Pericles, and I'll have you know, if you see an Alfa that is not driven by an Italian, I'll guarantee the driver's Greek. Na zhsi h Ellada. Kai na zhsi h Alfa Romeo. As zhsi kai h Italia. Min sas po yia to megalo oxi!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Since you think Greeks are the only one's that civilized the world you need to wake up. Many other country's had a influence also including Italy. Since you like Greece so much why won't you get a Greek Car??? I respect what the Greeks did, but i think you are getting carried away. Io sapevo che i Grechi erano persone pacifiche pero' ora ho' un dubbio! After i get a Greek translator i would respond again.

·
Registered
484 Posts
To desire a Greek car would be like desiring a Sicillian (sp?) car. Don't get me wrong, of course every culture has contributed something, but let's not try to rewrite history. If you had to point to one people as the forfathers of democracy (oooopps, again a Greek word), science and arts, it all began in Greece. If you want to talk about the Mille Miglia, that's another story. Yia sou patrida. And remember, una fatsa, una ratsa!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
generaljimt said:
To desire a Greek car would be like desiring a Sicillian (sp?) car.
Haha funny thing is Sicily does make cars. They have the second factory for Fiat there.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts