Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i met the Flex-a-lite rep. here today. we tryed to find a fan that would fit my spider, and none would fit:(( big suprise:rolleyes:).. well i gave him the location of this site, and he told me that he would call the main office, and someone there will contact us at this site and ask how many of us would like a electric fan for our cars..:).. so maybe we can get a nice puller fan that will fit our cars(1967-1990) esp.spiders.hope this work..i amm getting ready to get a few electric fans of doner cars, and see if i could make one fit, with the proper shoud .

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I thought that Centerline and IAP still carried electric fans for our Spiders... Or are the proposed ones a dual set-up?

Best regards,

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking for a puller fan.. not the pusher fan that iap/ centerline sell, and one that would closely fit the outline of my s2 rad,

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
Unless things have changed dramatically, the IAP and Centerline electric fans are not necessarily pushers. That depends on the installation, either in front of the rad or behind... In fact, the easiest of the installations is to fit them as pullers, rather than pushers. As far as fitment, well that's where you do need to fabricate brackets to get a "factory-type" installation, regardless of pusher or puller. They do provide ties, but I'm not a fan (no pun intended) of this method. It will be interesting to see what this rep comes up with, but I think the big key is how well it can be installed.

Best regards,

·
Registered
138 Posts
I don't think the fan that IAP and Centerline offer will fit between the pump and the rad on a spider. To install them you need to fabricate some brackets and mount them from the front.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I don't think the fan that IAP and Centerline offer will fit between the pump and the rad on a spider. To install them you need to fabricate some brackets and mount them from the front.
No. On a series 2 there is no issue installing it as a puller. On a series 3 you may not have a choice but to install it as a puller, since you may already have an auxiliary fan mounted in front of the radiator. It used to be that the catalogs clearly stated that these fans were designed for the series 2 Spiders, but that verbiage has long been removed, since people have installed them on later sereies 3 Spiders, as pullers. In all cases however, installing as a puller does require quite a bit of work.

Best regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts