Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts

·
Push hard and live
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,042
That guy on “seen through glass” is entirely too enthusiastic. If I get his gig right, he’s talked Pirelli into giving him money, and someone to loan him a RHD Uber-car to drive around, while gushing about his wet-dream cars that he spots out his windows. Not actually doing anything, like Clarkson, et al. Just driving and gushing.

Go home, invading aliens. No intelligent life on this planet.

·
Push hard and live
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,043
1488 is now displayed in the Preview area of the Bonhams Scottsdale auction site.

We took a LOT of pictures, so I'm guessing there's more to come on the listing. Oops. Looks like pics already loaded, just gotta know where to click.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Congratulations on building such an exquisite example of a Two Liter Roadster! Bob Fernald should be happy knowing that he made a wise decision entrusting the car to you. The car looks amazing in the photographs. Good luck with the auction; I hope you set a record high watermark (>207K)!

A suggestion, 303 Aerospace Protectant (available on eBay and elsewhere) will make the tire rubber look like new, fresh rubber and remove the oils that have exuded from them -while protecting the rubber from U.V. and ozone.

Mark

·
Push hard and live
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,045
Hmmm. The tires ARE new. Wouldn't that mean they "look like new" already?

I'll pick up some 303, but detest the "Armor All Gloss" appearance.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
i saw your car on the Bonhams site and remembered having seen this thread once or twice over the last couple of years. What a beautiful result! Love the colors. They look fresh and light. You should do very well at auction.

·
Push hard and live
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047
Hello Rab,

Thank you. I’ve never restored a car or airplane before with the plan to sell it. In my most delusional states, I can’t imagine needing TWO 102 Roadsters. However, I’m a poor business person, in that every detail was tended to as though I planned to keep and drive it. Of course, they’re never “done”, but sometimes it is time to let go. My 16 year old grandson is pulling into that zone.

Even now, we’re finalizing the front end alignment, and re-checking the front brake adjusters.

I also installed an electronic ignition and fresh starter into my Mooney so there’ll be no hiccups getting to Scottsdale.

Today’s work was finishing a Bluetooth hidden stereo amp in a 77 2000 Spider for us all to use when the mood strikes.

I’m starting hear the call of high altitude lakes and streams somewhere in South America with trout and QUIET as a retirement award.

1041 - 1047 of 1047 Posts