Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
May 4-5 Chuckawalla event Is now open.

We are about to open up the May event on MotorsportReg.com so get your cars ready and get registered. This is a Joint event with Extreme Speed as they are the host. There will be limits in each run group on the track much like Laguna so be sure to get your entry in early to hold your place. This time of year is generally is pretty nice.

See you at the track - Dennis

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The Chuckawalla event is now open on Motorsportreg.com. This event will sell out fast so get your entry in early.

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/F00C480E-EC49-9FC6-EB7E8444B95CCA2A

See you at the track.

Dennis

We are about to open up the May event on MotorsportReg.com so get your cars ready and get registered. This is a Joint event with Extreme Speed as they are the host. There will be limits in each run group on the track much like Laguna so be sure to get your entry in early to hold your place. This time of year is generally is pretty nice.

See you at the track - Dennis

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
374 Posts
facilities at the track

I just signed up for both days, I hope I'll be ok by then after my hernia repair surgery on both my passenger and driver sides.
It seems that there will be gas, hopefully air and bathrooms (I'm talking about the track now). Is there going to be a fast food place? Or will be able to enjoy "home made" meatball sandwiches or burgers?
Or do we have to bring our own food?
The hotels are 50+ miles away, Indio or Blythe, so I'll drive from home both days since I live 114 miles from there on the I-10. May be that's a bad idea, not sure.
Jorge

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just signed up for both days, I hope I'll be ok by then after my hernia repair surgery on both my passenger and driver sides.
It seems that there will be gas, hopefully air and bathrooms (I'm talking about the track now). Is there going to be a fast food place? Or will be able to enjoy "home made" meatball sandwiches or burgers?
Or do we have to bring our own food?
The hotels are 50+ miles away, Indio or Blythe, so I'll drive from home both days since I live 114 miles from there on the I-10. May be that's a bad idea, not sure.
Jorge
Jorge -

The one time I was there at Chuckwalla, there was no "indoor" anything. There may have been a catering truck, but I don't remember for sure. The toilets were the plastic port-a-potties. I don't recall now if there was tire/gas or not.

That was over a year ago, things may have changed since then. Hopefully somebody else will let us know about more recent events.

Bob

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was out there in February for the VARA Desert Classic. They have a proper restroom now and there was some hot food available. I don't know if the food will be available at the Alfa avent or not. Perhaps Terry can clarify this point.

There is also an office/classroom now for the registration and drivers' meetings.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I can tell you that there are RVs in place at the track for rent that sleep 4 and have hot showers. Bring your own towels and blankets. Don Wagner and I are getting one, and we can add a non-snorer or two. Beats a long drive to the track in the morning, especially if you have to run the registration and stuff!

The RVs have stoves and fridges too.

Here are some comments on Yelp about the track and facility:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chuckwalla-valley-raceway-chuckwalla

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Phil, I beleive we are running clockwise. This is a very busy track but tons of fun.

For those that have not signed up I would not wait too long as we are limited to the number of spots that we can obtain. MSR reg closes on the 19th of April and if there are any available spots after that then we can play it by ear.

From what I understand there is going to be food there for lunch, the BBQ guy, I have had his BBQ and it is very good.

For those of you that may want to hang out after the days events Myself and a bunch of others generally light the BBQ and have a nice meal, if you feel like joining us just bring what you want to BBQ and come join us.

I will get gate info soon and post it here so we know if/when the gate closes and opens so there are no suprises.

Any other questions please post here.

Thanks

Dennis

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For now the gate open and close times are 7AM and 9PM. We dont know if ExtremeSpeed are going to have extended hours. If the gate times change we will let everyone know.

Dennis

·
Registered
243 Posts
Alfa Mazda

I have an Alfa nose badge on my RX7. I put it there since they wanted me out on the track to pace one of the lunchtime ALFA track drive groups at the 40th/50th Anniversary, and the Alfa I was supposed to drive would not start.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts