Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my 84 Spider fail inspection. The guy said the brake master cyclinder was leaking. What's the best way to check to see if it's the master cyclinder or the reservoir that is leakiing. Heck when he inspected it I had to show him how to turn on the headlights. So I don't know if he really knowing what he was looking for during the inspection.

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
truckdogg4:

Worked this out yet?

·
Registered
what part?
10,275 Posts
is the leak/ seep under the res.? if so, easy fix,, get a turkey baster, suck out as much of the fluid as you can, and with a sharp upward pull, you can remove the res. you will see two groments left behind.. pull these out , clean them with soap and water,,( you will notice that there is brake fuild in the holes that you just pulled the gorments out of, that's good) return/ press the gorments back into the holes, best to put the front to the rear, and the rear to the front, press the res. back onto the master cly, refill with 'NEW" brake fluid.. a little seap is ok.. sort of a mist..and i would tkae it to someone else to look at the car..if he/ she could not turn tee lights on........

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you have a leak from the master cylinder I think the best would be to replace all the seals in it. buy a rebuild kit and replace all of them (include the inner ones).
Saar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts