Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yikes. That looks like the centric part I just installed this weekend. Hope mine holds up. Where does it leak from?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes. That looks like the centric part I just installed this weekend. Hope mine holds up. Where does it leak from?
Well the first one was on the foot well side. And the last two its leaking at the reservoir. It's a little o-ring that seals it.. Wondering if I could buy a larger diameter one to fit it in.
Good luck!

·
Richard Jemison
7,925 Posts
If it`s leaking from the reservoir joint it`s loose. Did you buy an assembly with the reservoir or without?
Installation can damage the seal. Shaking/vibrations can be controlled by securing the reservoir with safety wire ot zip dies to stop movement.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.. I bought it assembled... I do have safety wire and the tool.. Will run some wire around it.. Was also thinking of a larger o-ring.. "Thicker"
Thanks again

·
Registered
208 Posts
Had the same issue with new Centric leaking at the reservoir fitting. Applied some Permatex Aviation Form a Gasket to the fitting and it solved the problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the same issue with new Centric leaking at the reservoir fitting. Applied some Permatex Aviation Form a Gasket to the fitting and it solved the problem.
Was that the red or blue colored one? Did you pull reservoir and finger some around o-ring? Will try that!
Thanks!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts