Alfa Romeo Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
2015 Chevy (Holden) SS, 1989 Milano (Shankle Sport), 1991 164S
18,212 Posts
Yeah, the latest issue of Hagerty magazine has comments in the letter section concerning a previous article about someone with a ton of money collecting Vipers and storing them in hopes the market will appreciate. Most of the letter writers were not happy that they are taken off the road. Many exotics are traded back and forth at auctions, bumping the prices up further and further. Prices are often driven clear out of sight. Not good for the real enthusiasts.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I give full credit to AH. They're development work produces astonishing results. However . . . There is a somewhat discrete canon regarding modified 2 liter Alfa engines. If you want to 200hp and can pay AH prices then go for it. On the other hand, if you are building a 2 liter Nord street car here's a combination that works well----2 liter, 10.1 or 10.5 Motronics, cam: Rj or Delta A474 12mm intake cam, your choice of exhust cam (I used 11.1 Cenerline then Spica 222 exhaust cam), fast advance curve timed at 36 degrees. Please note: I used a balanced, resized rod, bottem end combined with a AH lightweight steel flywheel. And don't forget a professionally ported head (I suggest Robert Rogers in Dallas). If you have the skill just follow JinK's instructions. Otherwise professional help is available. What you'll get with this is a very satisfying Nord street motor that will satisfy for many, many enjoyable drives on empty, rural roads.

Reactions: gprocket
41 - 43 of 43 Posts