Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Do you want to remove the lens, or are you just trying to replace the light bulb?

The lens does not have to be removed to replace the bulb. The bulb holder has a bayonet type socket with matching indents in the back of the lens base. You just reach up and pull and twist the bulb holder and wireing and the bulb holder with bulb inside will come off and allow you to replace the bulb.

If you need to replace the lens, then that is another story.

Robert Hill in Memphis, TN

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
On my 87 QV the lens is held on by two screws, one on each end. No need to remove the whole unit. Barring that the entire driving light/turn signal unit is removeable by two nuts located behind the bumper. Need to go underneath and look up behind the bumper and front fascia.

·
Administrator
17,811 Posts
Looking at our '84 Veloce, it appears like the car was built around the marker lens. Take the car all apart until all that's left is the lens...

Or, maybe one has to remove the bumper? It does not look like you can access any mounting screws from underneath. You can remove the bulb holder - twist and pull.

Do you have a replacement lens? Does it reveal any clues? Could it be glued into place?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I realize that this is very late post, but I just had an opportunity to photo the back side of the front marker lens installed on an S3 front bumper, so here are the photos for what they are worth. You might, with difficulty get the rear stud nut off without taking off the front bumper assembly, but the front stud nut - nooo way! You will have to remove the front bumper assembly to get at the stud nuts. On a Graduate or Veloce, this is not as hard as it sounds. The bumper is held on to the left and right shock mounts with 4 10 MM nuts each. The corner supports are held on with sliding V headed bolts. You remove the 8 shock mount nuts and the bumper assembly slides forward until the V headed bolt lines up with the O shaped opening in the slot and the bumber comes off whole. You do have to un hook all the lamps first, of course. Once the bunper assembly is off, you can access the marker lens assemblies easily through the v-bolt slots. Pictures are worth a thousand words. If you are working on a Quad, it is harder because the Quad front Valance panel is attached to the bottom of the front bumper and also to the body work of the front of the car.

These photos are of my Quad front bumper with the front valance removed. This explains some of the odd looking attachments on the bumper which are not used on a Graduate or a Veloce.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
The other front fender marker...

Does anyone know how to take off the side marker light lenses on the front fender of an 84 Spider?
Gents: I think the first two replies were on point and then things went off the rails...OP is asking about the side marker lens on the fender, not the turn signal / parking light under the bumper...or have I misread all these other posts and the side marker is really attached to the bumper? :confused::eek:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
QuadraManiac,
On an S3 the front parking lamps are under but attached to the front bumper. The front side marker lamps are in the wrap around ends of the front bumper, as shown in the above photos. The rear side marker lamps are incorporated in the combo tail lamp assemblies. On an S3 there are NO marker lamps in the fenders themselves at all!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mea culpa

QuadraManiac,
On an S3 the front parking lamps are under but attached to the front bumper. The front side marker lamps are in the wrap around ends of the front bumper, as shown in the above photos. The rear side marker lamps are incorporated in the combo tail lamp assemblies. On an S3 there are NO marker lamps in the fenders themselves at all!

if I'd gone into the garage instead of sittin on my brains...I'da seen this.:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts