Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Many of you probably know Mark Mertz at Supercar Services. There was an explosion at his shop yesterday morning early and he was seriously injured.

He is at University Hospital's Burn Unit 3rd Floor

Everyone that has met him liked him dearly and he always went the extra mile to help many of us out with our exotics.

I visited with his son Isaac and other family members yesterday. They are thankful for everyone's support. Isaac is trying to contact Mark's friends but obviously all of his contact information was lost in the accident.

If you'd like to call Isaac PM me and I can give you his phone number.

Keep him in your prayers. He is going to need a lot of help from the Alfa Community and Car community as a whole to get through this event.

Sincerely,

Sandro Marcantonio

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone that has contacted my family with their thoughts and prayers for my Dad. He is making slow positive progress, but is going to have a long way to go. He talked a lot about the many of the great people he has met through the club as well as at cars and coffee. We are making a facebook page for him that will have updates and ways to contact me as well. I am doing my best to update as many as I can about how he is doing. No news is good news and I will do my best to return phone calls as soon as possible.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers,
Isaac

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the update, Sandro.

Funny, I spent about an hour talking to Mark on March 24th at the Erico Motorsports unveiling of the new Ducati Diavel. It was that evening, and I spotted this guy with an Alfa cap on in a sea of Ducatisti. Re-introduced myself and mentioned we had met a Alfa Circo in Sept. I was impressed by his tireless work at helping Tech. all the cars for track day.

Really nice guy! True car guy and liked motorbikes, as well.

I had a bad feeling it was his shop as I heard about the fire at the shop on the radio during my morning commute to the Tech Center. VERY sorry to hear the news.

All the best for a speedy recovery.

Bill L.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to pass along some info to some of my dad's many freinds who are thinking of him. He is making slow progress towards a recovery but is still in stable but critical condition. I am updating a Facebook acount about him daily for his freinds who wish to keep in touch.

Thanks,
Isaac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts