Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a pair of 7in Marchal Ampilux headlights that I'd like to install in my Super. As you can see from the photos, the Marchal lights have different mounting points than the flat spade mounts on the Giulia Super.

How can I get the Marchal's to fit my Super? I'm stumped so any advice will be appreciated. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I have a pair of US style buckets w/hardware in my venerable pile of old ALfa parts. Idealy I'd like to adapt the Marchal's to fit the Euro patter buckets. The slotted tabs don't look all that difficult make and I'm thinking I might be able to scrounge some for junk Euro headlights in my old GTV. Dunno. Either way this doesn't look like a relatively easy fix. Fortunately all the required hardware is still avaliable to facilitate changing buckets. I hate to loose the adjustable feature of the Euro lights however.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Jim,

Just found this thread. I have adapted the slotted tabs and hook on US-style lamps. Only hard thing with this process is removing glasses from reflectors(in one piece). I drilled tabs and hook out of old badly corroded Carellos and spot welded them on aftermarket 7" reflectors and then glued glasses on. Attached picture of my self made "Carellos"

Attachments

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm inspired. :) I think I could do this in reverse relatively easily (well, maybe), although I think it might be easier to simply change the 7in buckets for US style buckets. Fortunately, I have a pair in the pile of debris I call my parts store . . . This will be an interesting project to report on, although I remain puzzled about what Alfa made the mounting change in the first place. Still, knowing that there is such a difference and then having a couple of potential solutions will be helpful to others facing the same problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.