Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am in need of manifold pressure sensor for my 85 Graduate Spider. I know I can order one new, but I cannot afford that right now. The part has gotten so bad, that it causes my car to jerk and then it died in the middle of the street yesterday. I pushed it into a parking lot and let it sir for a bit. It started right back up and ran fine again.

Is there anything I can do for now until I can find a part I can afford? I took the sensor off and carefully cleaned the connectors from it and the from the wire that goes to it. I have not put it back together yet.

Thank you

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,660 Posts
If the sensor leaks the workaround is to disconnect the hose and plug it. You'll lose vacuum advance at cruise (and thus a bit of gas mileage) but the car will run fine without it.

I don't think a bad sensor will cause the problems you're describing, however. You may want to investigate other possibilities.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,093 Posts
No, you cant order one new, they are NLA.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok..i will plug it for now. Thank you. Do I leave the connector plugged into it still? It was almost cconstantly making the loud buzzing. I read that of that goes bad it will cause bucking and stalling. I appreciate all the advice.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,660 Posts
Yes, leave the connector plugged in. The buzzing noise is from the vacuum from the hose leaking out of the broken bellows. If you disconnect the hose (and plug it to prevent a vacuum leak to the engine) the noise should stop.

·
Premium Member
86 Veloce
1,093 Posts
Here is one on ebay. Used but you can ask the guy to test it before you buy. Just have him blow/suck on vacuum line plug to see if it leaks...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is one on ebay. Used but you can ask the guy to test it before you buy. Just have him blow/suck on vacuum line plug to see if it leaks...
Well I thought the almost constant buzzing comin
Yes, leave the connector plugged in. The buzzing noise is from the vacuum from the hose leaking out of the broken bellows. If you disconnect the hose (and plug it to prevent a vacuum leak to the engine) the noise should stop.
Well I guess it wasn't the making the noise. Thanks to your advice on how to properly plug it, I found the noise I heard was still there. Come to find out the under car fuel pump is making the noise. I posted a new thread in regards to that.

Thank you for the help. Much appreciated my friend. Now to figure this one out..lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts