Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I have to ask!

Very nice!!!

So.....do you have to run jet fuel with those? What compression are those pistons? Looks much more than mine and they are 10.4:1. Should make your Alfa fly if you did the head and exhaust work!

John M

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more power!

I have been running 110 Unocal Leaded in my race car. That will still be going into it once the motor is done. Head work was done by Jon Norman. He has been building the best Alfa race motors. For a while. It's all due to his experience with the cars. He has been running the 2 liters since 1972 so, he has 31 years of development with the engines. I had them do the head and send me the 12:1 Cosworth pistons. My dad and I will throw the engine together as soon as I get my crank back. As for exhaust work, I have a set of original Autodelta GTA headers, still one of the best power producing headers out there attached to a GTA side exiting stinger exhaust.

How many of you other racers out thre running Norman heads or motors?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
Anthony,

Those pistons look awesome. Do you have any experience with either the Rex Chalmers or Paul Spruell designed JE forged pistons? (they are 2 separate designs).

How do those compare to the Cosworths?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Anthony,

Are you going to have the pistons coated?
I have heard good things from my aircraft buddies
about doing this.

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pistons

We usually run the JE pistons from Paul Spruell, but I wanted to see what the Cosworth's from Jon Norman are all about. I never knew Rex did up a JE piston. I have heard nothing but good stuff about Cosworth's. This will be the first set of Cosworth's we have gotten.

Pictured from left to right:
12:1 Cosworth
12:1 JE
12:1 NOS Alfa Competition Piston

1 - 20 of 26 Posts