Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After spending several months looking for a company that counterweight me the 2.5 flywheel, I decided to adapt the gta flywheel to the GTV6.

The first thing I did was prolong the holes that hold the trigger wheel to put it in the other side of the disc.

Then I designed a "sandwich" to put between the flywheel and driveshaft.

This sandwich, has at its center a hole for supporting the piece 60522065.

Does anyone know what material it is made, or how I can make another? In my country it is not available new.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Should be possible to balance flywheels even in Spain! :)

Most usual flywheel to use in this conversion is from the 75 3L. Best way is to take out the crank shaft and balance it with the 3L flwh attached. Balancing companies could even have the possibilty to balance the 75 flwh. to the same unbalance as the 3,2L flwh. so you dont have to take out the crank.
I have seen though a 3,2L with the 2,5L flwh so that has been done also. I just wonder if that engine was properly balanced?

There should be some sources for 75 3L flwhs, like these, then you will be sure the solution will be durable for many miles!

Alfa Romeo SZ ES30 / RZ Alfa Romeo SZ, category: Mechanical, Body, Electrical, Interior, Maintenance, Accessoires

GK.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts