Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
11,994 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Parts books were scanned years ago and are part of the AROC library. The rest might fit in a large flat rate box.

You can check the USPS website for pricing.
Skip the parts books.

Per USPS site: Tis a pity that these items cannot be sent via inexpensive media mail. As there is no need for flat rate's express delivery, it may be cheaper to mail in a box via standard post, but need to know weight to determine. My zip code is 95070. Post office can weigh and identify cheaper option.

Please fit remaining items into a box (standard post) or a flat rate box, least expensive option preferred. I'll send you cost via PayPal or check. (Details sent via PM.)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
If these are not spoken for, I will be glad to take the lot. Does $10, plus shipping in a flat rate box seem reasonable? Better still if you would media mail them, to save a few $$. PM me, please. - Tom

·
Premium Member
21,699 Posts
I sent an EM early yesterday,as you requested, and never heard back, on everything but the magazines.
Andrew

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
If not pre-claimed, I'll take the CAS copy.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I'd be happy with the magazines alone, if the rest of the lot is spoken for. Also interested in the "Per l'ordinazione" publication, in case it's available.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
P.S. I have an original of the CAS catalogue, and I would be happy to run off a few copies, or to scan it, if there's interest. It hadn't occurred to me that people might still use it.

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
That's what I've done Tom. I felt that having another would make a good gift for one planning on vintage racing.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Sorry folks, MS Outlook has been on the fritz. In all fairness, Andrew's message was sent first, so he gets first dibs.
No problem, Brian. But I thought that "dibs" was always first. Now we have first dibs, second dibs and who know what else. Next thing you know, we'll have the lawyers involved!

·
Super Moderator
11,566 Posts
Yes Tom F2, The CAS contains information still used by many Alfa 4Cyl engine builders, as well as basis for race preperation. One of my own 2 copies, the 1972 version, has doubled in size over the years with notes, drawings and updates. The other is an original I've used to make copies for others. A spare reprint is a great gift for a potential vintage racer. This may be 42 year old document, but I'm older than that by quite a bit. Lots of builders still ask me questions that relate directly back to information in CAS.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts