Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Are the main bearings and Thrust washer on a 2.0ltr TS the same as the nord 2.0 engines? As I believe they share the same crank?

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi Chris,

Yes, main bearings are the same on both engines, and yes again, early TS and Nord share the same crank.

Jorma

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris,

Yes, main bearings are the same on both engines, and yes again, early TS and Nord share the same crank.

Jorma
Great thanks. Silly question but how will I know if I need over sized bearings or just standard ones?

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
390 Posts
depends on the thickness of your crank, if it will get machined, thickness will be taken off and you will need oversize bearings ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Use plastigauge between the old bearings and the crank to check clearance. This should tell you if you need to go oversized or can stay with standard size shells.

Regards,
Lawrence

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I think the best way is at first measured the crank, if it isn't worn out you can use new bearings in the same size as they were before.
Note, you can't use oversize bearings with unmachined cranksaft, if the crank is worn out you need go to machining shop, they worked it on and tell you what size bearings you need. Jorma

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the best way is at first measured the crank, if it isn't worn out you can use new bearings in the same size as they were before.
Note, you can't use oversize bearings with unmachined cranksaft, if the crank is worn out you need go to machining shop, they worked it on and tell you what size bearings you need. Jorma
Is there any way of know if the crank needs machining? Twin spark engines done 70K miles.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
70K miles isn't so much for the Alfa crank, I think it should be okay. Anyway, it isn't expensive at all let the guys of machining shop check the crank, after that you don't need think about it anymore! Jorma

1 - 9 of 9 Posts