Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
Is there anyone who has a good source for an original or repro data plate for a Magneti Marelli S73B distributor?

Is there anyone who could post a photo of the plate?

BR Pieter

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Related to my previous post. Is there anyone who knows the text that is on the label? The S73A distributor used on Gulietta Veloce is printed in red ink and says 'S 73 A - 12V 18 30'. Is the S73B printed in the same color as well?

The S73A is the name and 12V refers to the battery. Can anyone tell me what the angle code refers to and how that translates to the S73B?

Then there are some letters stamped in the (otherwise completely faded) plate. My current plate shows '5D5'. Going through pictures of S73A distributors, they appear to be different on every picture I look at. What does this code mean? Is it a batch code?

Thanks for your help

Gr., Pieter

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi Pieter,

Here fwiw a picture of the Marelli S73B distributor data plate. Unfortunately there is a blind spot at the right side. Maybe someone else has a better plate to show here ?

Do you have the green 'Glenn's repair and tune up guide' (page 72) ?
When comparing the S73A with the S73B, I would think that the S73B should reed 19° at the right side instead of the 18°30' for the S73A and I think that is the maximum centrifugal advance. See the pictures from that page.
Maybe the intermediate degrees were also mentioned where the blind spot is now, that I don't know, sorry.

So confirmation, additions or corrections from other people are always appreciated.

Rgds,

Thierry

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Thierry,
This is just what I need. Thanks! I agree that the missing number is most likely the 19 degrees advance. I will have some repro plates made, unless someone comes up the coming days with some in stock.
Gr., Pieter

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Pieter,
If you still have your old data plate I have a spare decal.If you can use it give me your address and I’ll send it out.
Bob 3EC89CD8-5062-4B45-8DEF-DCF725B3A70E.jpeg

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is so much appreciated! I sent you my address by mail.
BR Pieter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts