Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Yeah! 15 min from where I live :)

Hmm, maybe I should have the callaway dynoed...

Jes

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
This should be a nice event...wish I could take my race car, but I'll be outta town that weekend. If you are in the So. Cal. area, you should go!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Nope, mine is a low mileage completely stock Callaway.

Jes

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Has anyone been able to sign up?

I sent email to [email protected] as instructed in the ad, but no response... oh well, maybe they just check email infrequently...

Jes

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Just got a reply from Craig - got a spot on the dyno :D

Jes

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Is anybody planning on attending with a Giulia or Giulietta ?

This could be a good opportunity to get a large group photo of So Cal owners with cars!

Also, don't forget to bring your rare & obscure parts out for the swap meet.

It's my understanding that the CarShow and SwapMeet are free to all! :eek:

Peter ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hmmm i looked at a map and the mapquest recomendation, but does anyone that knows the way have a recommended way to get there from west LA?

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Most Alfas on the dyno were 4 cyl. My general feeling was that many recorded less than expected. Although mine was the highest output Alfa I was a bit disappointed with the measured 146 hp and 158 ft-lbs at wheels. I did watch that the boost went as planned, but didn't really have time to check everything beforehand as my 2-year old kept my busy (didn't like the noise of some of the louder cars). Though, he was very excited about all the Alfas in one place out front :)

I was really looking forward to seeing Chip's 24v and a 24v GTV6 that had signed up, but both cancelled :(

Jes

·
Registered
667 Posts
That does seem low, I would have expected your car to come close to 190hp to the rear wheels. Maybe the dyno was calibrated incorrectly or something?

My old "warmed-up" 12v 3.0L put down 171hp & 169 ft-lbs on a DynoJet in HOT HOT HOT weather.

Do you have the dyno plot for your car? Should be interesting to see the torque curve on your turbo car compared to my NA engine.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts