Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard from Hannelore, who let me know that very few people have spoken up regarding their offer to make new, leather luggage straps that fit our Montreals. I recall several posts from folks wishing they could get them, but either they haven't gotten the news that they could be available again, or are just slow to commit to the project.

This is a very nice addition to our cars. Whether you take it touring, leave it sitting, drive to local shows, or plan to sell it someday, these straps are a very nice touch that will help in both your enjoyment and the overall presentation of your car.

Please, if you don't already have these luggage straps, let Hannelore know you'd like to be in the production run. Otherwise, there will be NO production run and we'll all regret letting the opportunity get away from us.

·
Registered
468 Posts
HA HA Don, you will be in my night pray for these courageous words !!!

Yes, firstly we need the minimum of orders for leather minimum we have to order and secondly the price will not be held for decades...

I tried it also on SCARB and British forum "montrealworld", even on facebook of Dirk's account "Dirk Nehme" is was advertised (some wrote but came nomore back to our privat email [email protected]. Even the french forum wanted to put it on their page. Also I sent out mails to older order of guys who wanted straps in the last 3 years, but either they sold the car or have new addresses ? Who knows.

To produce these straps make a lot of efforts and is nothing to become rich, unfortunately. Would help to buy a "hanna's shopping car" Maserati 4porte... :wink2:

It was always an enjoyment to make repros for our Monti's and we hope this will be a good chance to get a pair what nowhere else/anymore will be to get.
Thank you for your attention

Hannelore & Dirk

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dear Hannelore,

send to you PN. I will drive with you in your Maserati 4porte... anytime. This will be the only reasen that I order a set. Not to have nice leather luggage straps for my baby.

Kai

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Hannelore. Consider me to be on the list for the luggage straps. I'll send you a message to your email address.

Mark

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I just want to say that I was lucky and smart enough to get in on their previous run of luggage straps a few years ago. The straps were beautiful, of top quality leather, and add a touch of class to the interior. If you don't have them, go for it.

PS: Hanne, do I get a commission?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Wilkie, when you manage it that 10 new orders come in, I am sure there will be something to warm your Monti-heart... ;-)

At the moment I am out of order, cought a strong flu with fever with all ugly followers.

Thank you to hit the drums a bit, when nomore anything goes on here, it will be a sad story after all efforts. Also still running around guys who wanted straps in the past but don't come back now. hmmm

we will see.
back to bed
hanna:wacko:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dear Hannelore,

first of all for you a quick health!!. Thats the importend thing. After that we will see about the leather luggage straps. Don´t be worry. You and Dirk try it to make some of us happy.

Best wishes
Kai

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport
1,544 Posts
High Quality Craftsmanship

I received my straps in yesterday's mail. I couldn't be happier! These are made to a high standard with quality materials. I can't wait until some of this snow goes away, and I can put them in the car.

Hannelore and Dirk are a pleasure to work with, and the straps were packaged carefully and shipped promptly.

I highly recommend these!!!

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also received my straps yesterday. Brilliant quality and terrifyingly fast. Until my car gets its engine back, we'll find...... other uses....... for the soft leather straps.

I also picked up a matched set of Alfa luggage that fit the trunk nicely. Now to find something complementary that fits the rear seat/auxiliary baggage rack.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nick,

What're the details of your exhaust outlets? I think I'd like to improve upon the stock, that appear more suited to a 70's Datsun pickup, but the 4 outlets strikes me as being a bit too Starsky and Hutch.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
They are a Stebro system installed by the previous owner. I rather like the look, and definitely the sound. It does bother me that the two dimples in the body panel don't match up with the four pipes. That being said, I don't care for the "downspout" look of the originals either.

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, Stebro. A once fine company descended into utter ruin.

Everyone remarks on the nice sound of the Montreal, but mine with a stock exhaust sounds like any other V8 sedan. Hoping to improve on that along with the looks. Back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Nick,

What're the details of your exhaust outlets? I think I'd like to improve upon the stock, that appear more suited to a 70's Datsun pickup, but the 4 outlets strikes me as being a bit too Starsky and Hutch.
Don -

You might consider the 2 outlet ANSA setup. OKP sells 'em. OKP Parts and Engineering GmbH

This is what I intend to install on my car when it's done. Looks nice but pricey.

Mark

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I spotted those.

Larry Whalen had a whole custom system put together that included a cross-pipe type connection about the middle of the car. Claims this has helped the power significantly. I had the same comment from Karl Robertson. Larry's kit sounds impressive as well. I'm tempted to try two tail pipes without resonators to improve both the looks and the sound. The Ansa may not accomplish the latter.

We'll see.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
The ANSA is a pretty 'sick' looking exhaust system. I have not bought an ANSA is a very long time. It seems they used to rust out after only a year or two. What would you think of a Stainless Steel system for the Montreal; any available?

Mark

·
Push hard and live
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Alfaholics offers a stainless system, however none of the individual pieces fit to other parts of the stock system. You can get it set up either to fit the original exhaust headers or to fit their custom exhaust headers.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts