Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a low oil warning light after getting warnings of "oil change needed". Ignored it since the oil was changed several months ago at 5 K. Now at 10K.
[warning light is a red oil can with a wavy line underneath].

I drove it home 2 miles since the light came on and put two liters of new oil.

After idling on a flat surface x 5 minutes, did this twice, I see no change in the warning light and the " gauge on the screen 'still shows a red bar up to the first line. I dont want to over fill the sump. Could I be that low on oil??

Sure wish Alfa put in a dip stick. Crazy

I stopped driving the car and will call service in the AM.

Frak

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update;

Stelvio was flat bedded over to Valenti Alfa Romeo / Fiat / Maserati they are going to check the computer and drain the oil.

I hope somebody would make an aftermarket dip stick.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Frank, isn't it under warranty? FYI, my 2006 MB C-Class has no dipstick on the tranny but the dealer has one they use. Go figure..The new fangled cars can be just a bit frustrating when electrons decide to go haywire. My Benz books out at 4 grand and has 67000 miles on it and looks like NEW. I almost had to sell it for salvage but plowed $4400 into the tranny as a result of a misdiagnosis at $2600 + a used complete tranny $1800 in the end. They don't even have value for parts because none of them are kept long enough to be on the road.. Just venting. I'm sure yours is a programming thing.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Frank, didn't know you had bought a new model Alfa. Specs?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the Stelvio Sport TI back from the dealership.

No satisfying answers from the service guy except it was a quart low. But, I told the service rep. that I had added 2 quarts when the warning came on and did not drive it afterward. I found no change in the check oil warning nor the sent out message even after idling for 5 minutes on a flat surface.

All they can say is that they change the oil and filter and everything seems to be working correctly.

if it happens again they will notify FCA and do a investigation.

Anyway, back on the road. Computer says full volume of new oil.

Did not pay for the flat bed transport and a driver pick me up

Oil change was pricy $219.00 on the card .

Details Stelvio TI sports package in brown metallic exterior with chocolate brown interior. No sun roof and lane warning stuff.

Frank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts