Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got a set of wheels for my Bertone. They are Compomotive ML's (minlitecopies or Panasport if you like).

Now my problem/question: The pair that goes in the front end are 15x6 with ET 19 and the pair that goes in the back are 15x7 with ET 11. Will this work or will I have to mill them for clearance problems? Has anybody tried ET this low on a 105? Will it bump steer like a madman? I fitted one wheel in the back and it looks like it should work, but it's really hard to tell.

/David

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I had ET15 on mine. Worked well in the front after rolling the fenders. Just scraped in corners in the back. So ET 11 won`t work in the back, and I think not in the front either. A friend of mine had ATS 7x15 with ET 15 also which he changed to ET 19 and that worked well (both cars were heavily lowered by the way.)

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Can't answer the question about fitment with tires, but I noticed in your picture that you don't have a lot of threads poking out on the studs. How many turns did the two nuts take? I had heard that a minimum is 7 turns for the nuts on wheel studs. If that is the case, you would either need to mill out the cone seat to let the nut sit in further, or mill the back plane of the wheel. If you had to do one, I'd mill the back plane of the wheel and have the wheel sit further in.

Check the fronts too before you put tires on.

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
IIRC those lug nuts are for 'pocket style' holes in the wheel.

Those would have a shoulder after the 'washer' portion of the nut that actually goes down inside the hole around the lug stud.

In other words (and if I remember right) even though it appears there's only a few threads sticking out past the edge of the wheel, the lug nut is actually quite a bit longer and actually screws down into the wheel a fair distance to provide for a more secure mounting.

Kinda like the attached:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's right. I used ordinary ones just to get a brief look with the wheel attached to the car. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for them. I thought that it would be easy to get hold of lug nuts for those wheels but it turned out to be really difficult. The only ones who got them are the wheel manufacturer, Compomotive, and I'm still waiting for them almost 4 weeks since I ordered them. And they cost almost 10$ each!

/David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts