Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need rear window louvers for a GTV6. As in the photo (not my car, just an example).

Please let me know what you have!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Hey ZaX - My Alfetta came with these louvers when I bought the car 20 years ago. I gave them away. You can't see very well out the back (and these cars don't have the best rear visibility anyway) and they rattle like hell. I hope you know what you are asking for. If the sun is really an issue for you, I would suggest a good tinting of the back window. If it's the look you want, be very aware of the other things you will have to live with for that look. Apologies if you know this already, but I just gotta warn you that you might not be happy if you get what you asking.

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
I had these on my 86 GTV6 and I thought the version I had (sheet metal but not that version in the picture) worked ok, very little rattling, not enough to be a bother, the visibility out the back still ok, and worked much better than rear window tint, which ends up looking like hell if you use the rear window heater strips, plus if you try to take the tint off later, you can ruin the heater strips.

Because the louvers are on the outside, they do a much better job of keeping out the heat, the tint causing the window to get hot because the tint is on the inside.

Lino, of Alfa of Tacoma, had a set of the louvers I used years ago, actually the ones I used, as I sold my GTV6 to his son and the son didn't want them. Don't know if they are still around.

·
Premium Member
13,993 Posts
I disagree with Stefano. My GTV6 had a tinted rear window and I could see little out of it. I removed the tint and added louvers and visibility is much better. I am still working on the rattles.

·
Premium Member
15,854 Posts
The set I had didn't the curves at the ends of the slats, but had the sheet metal sharply angled to the side frames, allowing a little more visibility past the ends of the louvers at the side of the window. I thought the set I had was ok.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Ok, some like them. They certainly sold a number of them. He should at least be warned of the possible disappointment. I had a Celica hatchback with them too and didn't like them. It was after I removed them that I noticed how nice it was without them.

·
Premium Member
13,993 Posts
My son once bought a Corolla hatchback with louvers and they were so heavy that the strut would not support the hatch so we removed them. The ones on my GTV6 are light.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts