Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

If this works, here is a photo of the 23. The p.o. put a (at the time) modern body on. It will rest until I make up my mind which way to go.....as is or original or a combination of the two.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
So what are the details. Don't wave a jucy tidbit in our faces and leave us hanging.

WE WANT PICTURES

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
wbmoore,
Any history on the car?
Was the Lotus engine swapped out so that it would be eligible for C sports racing class?
Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ed,

The guy I got it from, brought it to California from Colorado in the early 70s. After a rebuild, he was racing it by 1975. He did win at least one SCCA race.......I think it was a regional.

The car came to California with a non-crossflow. I don't know if that is the original engine. I hope to find out what engine came with the car. He installed the GTA as he had been racing a Giulietta all through the 60s and knew Alfa Romeo engines.

History prior to Colorado is still unknown.

That's what I know as of today.

If you have photos of your Bobsy/GTA combination, I would like to see them. I'll send you my email. brad.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Brad,
Originally it should have had a Lotus 1600 twin cam. One of the Bobsy's I sold to Co. had a 1300 Lotus TC put in it. Was painted dark metallic blue with yellow trim. Last I heard it was in Tx.
I suspect the Lotus design makes more hp/cc than the Alfa design. My GTAjr dynoed at 134 hp w/Hilborn style fuel injection.
Ed

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Let's try this.........my neck hurts from being under the Alfetta!!:cool:

I want to know more about that lift - am I seeing things correctly, does it have *two* platforms? You can put 2 cars (albiet short ones) in the air, and one under?

Please, more details!

(Nice car, btw)

bs

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
I want to know more about that lift - am I seeing things correctly, does it have *two* platforms? You can put 2 cars (albiet short ones) in the air, and one under?

Please, more details!

(Nice car, btw)

bs
Don't know for sure - but it looks like the stacking units they use here in SF at some parking garages to maximize parking - it does allow you to stack a couple cars high, and I believe they have a plate that can be slid around to catch drippings.:)
Check this link - you can stack 4 high! :eek:
http://www.katopark.com/k3000-1.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts