Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I managed to lose my last key for the 1991 164L. I'm looking for suggestions for how to go about:

1. Getting a new key made to fit the current ignition and doors
2. Getting a replacement set of ignition and door modules.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
You might try taking the trunk lock off and taking it to a locksmith to have a key made.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Yep, I managed to lose my last key for the 1991 164L. I'm looking for suggestions for how to go about:

1. Getting a new key made to fit the current ignition and doors
2. Getting a replacement set of ignition and door modules.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Call ARNA, give them your VIN and they will give you the main key code, usually starts with a K and 3-4 numbers.

Jason

·
Premium Member
5,652 Posts
Yup, done that about 6 months ago. Got the code and called it in to a local locksmith and and an hour I was back on the road. It did take a few times before I got through but the gentleman was very helpful.

My son lost his keys about six hours ago so we'll be doing the same thing soon. I've got the number somewhere but can't get the search terms to find it on the forum. I'll post tomorrow if no one else does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: Lost Key

Does anyone have a telephone number or email address for ARNA? I haven't had much luck finding it anywhere.

Thanks in advance!

Yup, done that about 6 months ago. Got the code and called it in to a local locksmith and and an hour I was back on the road. It did take a few times before I got through but the gentleman was very helpful.

My son lost his keys about six hours ago so we'll be doing the same thing soon. I've got the number somewhere but can't get the search terms to find it on the forum. I'll post tomorrow if no one else does.

·
Premium Member
27,389 Posts
1-407-856-5000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts