Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost all dashboard lights. The supect is the light switch on the stalk. My driving lights still come on but nothing at the instruments except the idiot lights at the bottom. Fiddling with the light switch use to get me lights but no more....

Does this make sense? Are there separate contacts for the driving lights and the interior dash lights?
Is the problems elsewhere?
Do I need to remove the steering wheel to chage out the swithes?
Are these still available?
Are the switches for the Alfetta GT (Euro) the same?
Can these be repaired?
I have also recently lost my turn signal return, is it part of the same mechanism?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
First I would check the fuse.
I know the instrument lights and the headlights are on a different fuse.
Make sure you have no shortening somewhere.
The turn signal return is part of the mechanism, I had the same problem on mine I end up replacing the turn signal handle only.

Giorgio

·
Registered
218 Posts
For the longest time I thought my int. lights had a mind of they're own. Then one night I was fiddling around with the little knob by the water temp gauge. Boy was I surprised that thing controls the interior lights and even controls how bright they are.:eek:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Change out the fuse, and install only brass or copper fuses-- not aluminum. Remove the panel housing the four gauges, and spray the inside of the rheostat lightly with electrical contact cleaner, turning the knob at the same time. Then tell us what happens...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts