Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for one of my father's old race cars which I believe was a 1957 or 58 short chassis/small tail light Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider. He sold the car back in the summer of 1961 and was living in Maryland at the time of the sale. The last race that Donald Erlbeck raced with this car was in Cumberland on 5/14/61 (per scca information). He raced the Giulieta for the previous season at Watkins Glen, VIR, Bridgehamton, Lime Rock, Meadowdale, Thompson and Marlboro and came in third place in the national standings for the 1960 season in the GP class. It was raced as #22 or #122 at that time. I have no idea who purchased it from him, but it would have been in the summer of 1961. I also do not have any VIN information. It may have been registered, but I have no information about that registration. I have several black and white racing photographs of the car and of course am looking for any information that someone may have that could help me with this search. Additionally, if a alpha guru can determine the year and any other specifics that might help my search I would appreciate your input.:confused:

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts