Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GUYS, I LOST MY KEYS, I NEED DESPERARTLY TO START MY CAR, CAN ANY ONE TELL ME HOW TO HOTWIRE THIS THING. i AM WAITIN FOR REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I NEED TO KNOW THE COLOR OF WIRE THAY HAVE TO HOOK UP TO. I AM NOT A THIEF, IF YOU READ MY EArlier MESSAGES, YOU WILL UNDERSATND. it's going to get towed tomorrow. Please help me alfa lovers.
Serge

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
w/o keys you will still have a locked steering column to deal with. You'd have to pull the cylinder to enable steering, or have the car towed yourself. That last option is probably the best, but I'll admit that without knowing about your situation in detail I could be wrong. You may also be able to use the keys from another 164. Do you have several friends with 164 cars? My daughter's car keys would work with my wife's car, and the wife's new '92S keys will work the son's former '92S, if a bit stiffly. Or call a locksmith to do the deed and make you new keys on the spot. You need an ILCO SP25AP blank, if I recall properly. This is the key with the undercut center ridge which will fit the glovebox and the trunk, I believe. There is another blank which is for the "valet" key with a flush center ridge which won't go into the trunk or glovebox key cylinders. I don't have its blank number on me right now, though.

Michael

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
As Mr. T states get a mobile locksmith to make a key for you. I had one made for my 91L I bought without any keys. He just inserts a key blank in door or ignition (if car not locked) and gets an impression and then files it until it works and then grinds you as many keys as you want.

Steering column lock will be an issue without key as he also stated.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Hot wiring this car would probably be the biggest mistake you ever make. I would get it towed yourself or, even better, get a locksmith like Steve and Michael suggested.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am located at Bloomington, IN.
Where can I find a mobile locksmith?
Thank you for your comments guys.
Serge

·
Premium Member
26,815 Posts
I am located at Bloomington, IN.