Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 GTj has a ton of tiny chips in the windshield--I'd like to replace it. Classic Alfa won't ship, I'm checking with Alfaholics, and the US suppliers charge far more. Is there a local source where I might find a new windshield that actually fits?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
A couple of recent threads may be of interest.

Good luck

Ken

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip Ken! I should've thought to check that forum first, but went straight for the local one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again to Ken. I called a local Mygrant warehouse and confirmed they have stock in SFV and Anaheim. They wouldn’t sell to me directly unless I had a resale permit, which I don’t. I then called a glass shop nearby in Marina del Rey and they are going to deliver it tomorrow for $299.

I’m optimistic here—I’ll report back if it all works out. I plan to hold on to the original windshield in case some future owner prefers originality over optical clarity—somehow I don’t doubt it 😂

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Did you order by part number. It would be a good idea to try and confirm the dimension, you want the small one, before taking delivery.

K

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I ordered the ...248 P/N for gasketed as opposed to ...300. I will for sure check before taking delivery. Thanks for checking in

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The saga continues...

The glass shop didn't take delivery of the first windshield because it was scratched up upon arrival. He then had them deliver one they had from another local warehouse--same story, scratched up.

He then followed up with other suppliers he typically uses and none of them had a windshield!

For now, I will see how long I can remain patient while filling these little chips with resin...

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Sounds like you have a responsible glass shop. Lots would chose to make it your problem I'm guessing.

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
267 Posts
If you need a glass installer in the LA area who has experience with alfas, I have an EXCELLENT contact! He did the front and rear glass on my GTV, gasketed glass with aluminum trim, knew exactly what he was doing

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! Unfortunately I’m still more interested in new glass than an installer.

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
267 Posts
Understood! Eventually when you do get the glass, you'll need someone to install it and I have just the guy! I actually found my windshield locally on craigslist years ago, Plinkton glass too.

I'll send my guy a quick text, maybe he has a supplier!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts