Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1991 164L
27,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reserved tow dolly to bring it "home again" next week as daughter's boy friend's family moving and car not running. I tested compression on it sometime ago and most all cylinders about 90 lbs. Cam timing seemed OK as far as two cams were on time with template but couldn't check engine top dead center to see if cams on time with crankshaft.

Not sure what the problem is exactly yet but he did run it low on oil about year ago.

We will have to see what is wrong and then he will have to decide what he wants to do to fix it or part it out.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
The most common death to any engine is caused by either no oil, or no coolant. I once bought a Toyota Land Cruiser Diesel (only imported to Canada) with a bad engine from a surveyor. The survey crew had let it run out of oil. The surveyor took it to the dealer to get it fixed. Parts were back ordered from Japan. 3 months later he got it back and gave it to the crew. They used it for 3 months and let it run out of coolant. I bought it from them and rebuilt the engine again. I though maybe I could keep oil and coolant in it. We used it in eastern Canada and imported it to Wyoming when we moved there. Sold it to a guy who took it to Mexico.

·
1991 164L
27,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time will tell what is reason engine won't run as he drove it about a year after low oil condition occurred.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts