Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked high and low on internet to find any recent Milano's for sale to gather an idea of this ones value..

looking here for help as to a value range

very straight red milano, 70k miles

overall it shows no signs of rust/bad paint

it has been garaged

you assistance is greatly appreciated..

thx

Teamfraser

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
As with other cars of that age (Porsche, Audi, BMW, Maserati), condition of paint is only one facet - and the least of one's worries.

These cars can go from "I'll pay YOU to take it off my hands and get it out of my sight!", to around 5 grand for a nice example that is clean in and out and driveable with good brakes. An excellent Verde (3.0L) can go for around 7 grand. And that's with some of the usual gremlins that still need to be sorted, like weak A/C, IRC Christmas lights, etc...

Unfortunately, if you've got a 5-7k car, rest assured you've got twice that into it, so there are those who would like to get 10k for their car, but would never pay 10k for one. ;p

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just redid my entire Milano, its an 87 verde i bought for 1200, i have spent 2400+ in parts and servicing thru my alfa certified mechanic.New exhaust front rear cat brakes calipers timing belt bearings bushings and welded all holes in floor trunk etc, i have 148,000miles and need my recaros recoverd, my mechanic has offered to buy it for 5000 dollors.(not selling) there is also an 89 for sale on his lot that is absolutly mint( I mean spotless) it is selling for $7000 although i would only pay six for it.

The difference from when i bought my ride to what it does now is night and day.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I sold mine with 130k miles for $900, I had put about $8k into it in 4 years, but it still needed paint, and the heater and various oil leaks fixed. I would say that the vast majority of 2.5 milanos sell for between $800 and $3k, mostly depending on condition and who happens to be looking for one.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,774 Posts
The market for 2.5's is pretty weak. I recently sold a rust free, straight Verde with a very good drive train and lots of upgrades and brand new tires for $3k. It had some cosmetic problems. The AC, ABS, ARC and cruise control all worked properly as did the window regulators and power door locks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts