Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did original poster eventually find a car?
I asked that question a few weeks ago without reply. I am interested to know also..In any case, some good choices here and I appreciate the posts. My wife says I have to get rid of one of my no-engine 164s’ before I can fully commit to buying one. Imagine the nerve. Please update if anything changes in the status of yours. I am considering one above, but it looks pricey to get the car here from Canada and also need to break one down for my own parts or sell it “as is” . So I’m definitely interested, but need a bit of time to work everything out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe try to find a motor for your 164? Larry at the parts exchange in Cali is great about sending over large parts. I once had a 164L parts car that had bent valves, I believe he quoted $1000 shipped for a good motor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe try to find a motor for your 164? Larry at the parts exchange in Cali is great about sending over large parts. I once had a 164L parts car that had bent valves, I believe he quoted $1000 shipped for a good motor.
I have an aftermarket suspension on my best car. It also needs paint, a headliner, some interior and sunroof work... Math is not really my thing, but instead of dumping 5-6k in to my best car it looks like I could get one that’s superior to either one my cars for 2k or so more. I also would benefit from having my own stock of parts to pull from.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts