Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone is selling or knows of anyone selling a 164s. I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio, but don't mind traveling for the right one.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Check with Lee Scovanner at European Auto Specialties. He may know of one nearby. If he doesn't know see if he can get you in touch with Skip Jones. He used to own the shop and I believe he now works at Jake Sweeney Alfa.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Just found out there is one here in Louisville. Red, black leather. I'll get you more info.
Paul

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,247 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. GT601 is a friend of mine and he told me you were looking for a 164S. I have a friend who's looking to sell hers, feel free to give me a call if you're interested. As mentioned, the car is Red / black and it's been in storage in Louisville KY. Regards, Rick. (502) 408 3633.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm in the Seattle area and have a black on black '93 S that I've been thinking about selling. It has its quirks, and I probably wouldn't drive it to Ohio without sorting a rough idle, but its a good platform with some extra goodies. It's currently sitting on Hakkapeliita snow tires mounted to the stock wheels, but has a set of 5x100 19" Enkei wheels as well. I have a set of B&G sport springs waiting to be installed, with adjustable Koni inserts and the necessary strut housings. A full set of coolant hoses for backup. It has euro headlights installed with custom connections so I didn't have to cut the stock wiring harness, and I have the stock headlights too. I have a full set of aftermarket Yakima roof racks for it (or maybe they're Thule) - not the factory racks. Then some other bits and bobs kicking around. It needs a respray and may have been in a collision at some point in its life; it looks like the hood was resprayed once before.

Anyway, send me a note if you want to know more. - Scott

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in the market as well. Any updates on the ones listed as available? Did you purchase one? My 164s’ engine just went. So sad. I just had to keep the earbuds in on my way home from work and missed the beautiful sounds of my oil pump failing. The lights on the dash always blinked like Christmas lights so sound would’ve been my only indicator. I was thinking of a rebuild but wouldn’t mind using mine for a parts car to one that is in better shape cosmetically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve been back and forth about this one. Looks great in the pictures. There are no service records though and the price seems to be a bit high. It was purchased at Mecum auction for $4k and a month later was posted there at $13. It is a Canadian car and the best example I can find for sale at the moment. I just don’t feel 100% about it and I can’t figure out why.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am in the market as well. Any updates on the ones listed as available? Did you purchase one? My 164s’ engine just went. So sad. I just had to keep the earbuds in on my way home from work and missed the beautiful sounds of my oil pump failing. The lights on the dash always blinked like Christmas lights so sound would’ve been my only indicator. I was thinking of a rebuild but wouldn’t mind using mine for a parts car to one that is in better shape cosmetically.

In Western Canada,.
Good to drive! More pics available. Lotsa recent service. New timing belt. FMV.
Scott

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey fellow alfisti. I have a nice 1991 164s. Full service history from new including window sticker, original gas ticket from dealer and sale documents from harbor Alfa/Chrysler California. Recent work includes clutch, timing belt, head gasket etc.
originally a California car. In Chicago now. No rust. Have owned it for almost 5 years now. On the fence to sell it or not since every time I sell a 164 I regret it (7 total over the years) haha. It has a nice reaction Interior. I would like $8500 for the car or best offer. I spent a ton on maintaining it as well as the owners before me. I daily drive this car. Currently at 127,000 miles. Fun fact the original owner was a playwright in Cali who wrote the play Chicago and others. If anyone is interested I would be happy to talk about the car. 17087155560 serious buyers only. -Maurizio

1 - 20 of 25 Posts