Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991, Alfa Romeo 1.6 Trofeo
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
After 29 years my dads Alfa Romeo 75 interior needs some restoration.
I want to start with the dashboard which after all these years loses its color and turns white. Does anybody has any idea hot to fix it? Below I will add photos of how the dashboard is now and how it originally was.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If there aren't any cracks you should just be able to clean it and respray it. Tons of videos on youtube and there are various products out there for dashboards, some of which provide flocking, some texture, and some just a top coat. I saw a guy refinish a Nissan Z dash using normal flat black paint over the texture.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there aren't any cracks you should just be able to clean it and respray it. Tons of videos on youtube and there are various products out there for dashboards, some of which provide flocking, some texture, and some just a top coat. I saw a guy refinish a Nissan Z dash using normal flat black paint over the texture.
Thanks for your answer friend,
I just want to keep it original and not flock it or add texture. i have seen enough of these videos but all of these products gives a black finish and the dashboard has a grey-medium to dark- color on it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Sure, my point was that there are lots of different products out there. Can you take the glove box to a paint shop and have them match sheen/color?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Near me there is no shop that can help me. Thank you though for your help

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
For similar items, I have used a product called 303 Aerospace protectant, for years -that I buy on eBay. It works really well on all rubber, plastic and vinyl parts; making them look like new.

Recently I watched a video on YouTube by Chris Fix and he used a Ceramic coating but only on the faded car exterior trim, it really made the parts look like new. You may try either method but keep in mind that for a dashboard low reflectivity is a good thing to help minimize gloss. I don't know what the long term prognosis of the ceramic coating will be but with 303 Aerospace coating, it can easily be reapplied after a few years with no detrimental effects.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts