Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
1987 Quad
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for two little parts.

I am missing one stainless screw that goes in the top trim piece above the windshield. Photo below shows one in place.

I broke one of my courtesy light door jamb switches and need to replace it. Please don't make fun of my door catch straps. Because of the reported difficulty in replacing them, I keep pushing the job further down my list, though I have the replacement parts straring at me!

Just wondering if anyone has these two items lying about? If so, please just send me a private message and I will send you my contact information. Happy to pay whatever you deem reasonable.

Thanks so much!

Lin
Fixture Vehicle door Gas Wood Handle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Synthetic rubber

Registered
Looking for two little parts.

I am missing one stainless screw that goes in the top trim piece above the windshield. Photo below shows one in place.

I broke one of my courtesy light door jamb switches and need to replace it. Please don't make fun of my door catch straps. Because of the reported difficulty in replacing them, I keep pushing the job further down my list, though I have the replacement parts straring at me!

Just wondering if anyone has these two items lying about? If so, please just send me a private message and I will send you my contact information. Happy to pay whatever you deem reasonable.

Thanks so much!

Lin
View attachment 1719389

View attachment 1719390
One of my door straps look the same. I too am putting this job off too.

Ken

Registered
'84 Spider Veloce
I'll raise my hand, too. I am ashamed of my door straps, yet don't lift a finger to fix them.

They look bad, but still work fine. Maybe we should start a thread on door strap cleaning [Joke!]?

David OD
Laguna CA

Registered
1987 Quad
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I got a private conversation response on the screws and I decided to just order a couple of the switches new from Centerline to have one spare. Again, I appreciate the help. Oh, and I will let you know when the door straps move to the top of my to do list. Hah ha.
Lin

Premium Member
Thanks guys! I got a private conversation response on the screws and I decided to just order a couple of the switches new from Centerline to have one spare. Again, I appreciate the help. Oh, and I will let you know when the door straps move to the top of my to do list. Hah ha.
Lin
Door straps are not that bad. I have done quite a few in the last couple of years.

Registered
Advise you to not let a door limit strap break, thus allowing your door to slam back against the fender. It might happen when you least expect it! The job just takes a bit of patience... and maybe some band-aids on the knuckles. ;)

Premium Member
Advise you to not let a door limit strap break, thus allowing your door to slam back against the fender. It might happen when you least expect it! The job just takes a bit of patience... and maybe some band-aids on the knuckles. ;)
Definitely some band aids and I have seen a door do exactly what you said and it not only put a dent in the fender, the hinge which appears to be cast got bent to some degree and had to be replaced. I could never tell exactly where the hinge was bent but the door would not line up until it was replaced. Just my 2 cents having BTDT

Reactions: alfaloco

Registered
1987 Quad
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang, you guys are scaring me to death!
Lin

Definitely some band aids and I have seen a door do exactly what you said and it not only put a dent in the fender, the hinge which appears to be cast got bent to some degree and had to be replaced. I could never tell exactly where the hinge was bent but the door would not line up until it was replaced. Just my 2 cents having BTDT

Premium Member
1 - 10 of 10 Posts