1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hood side of hood latch

Windshield sprayers

Paddle shaped protector over the fuel tank sending unit

Bolts to anchor Klippan seat belt hoop over trans tunnel, or at this point I'll take about any M11-1.25 bolt

Plastic interior trim:
Top of door card – right side
A pillar – right side
B pillar – right and left side
Small piece top of windshield frame – right side
Foot area – right side

Thanks!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump... anybody? I would have thought the hood latch was a common part

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think I have two the items you are seeking.
They would be from early 70s Spiders.
Hood side of hood latch and the paddle shaped protector over the fuel tank sending unit.
Let me take a look. I can send pics...
James

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here is a door card topper - passenger side - and the small piece top of windshield frame – this is the left side, but I have the right side

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thanks. PM sent

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I think the seat belt bolts have been standardized. How many do you need? Also, I am pretty sure that I have a pre-owned set of Duetto sprayers that could be used as is but would be best rechromed.

Mark

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Mark,

I am about as sure as I can be that my bolts are M11-1.25. After doing a lot of reading my best understanding is that DOT mandated a 7/16-20 at some time around 1970-ish. A 7/16 is only .1mm larger than 11mm. The thread pitches are so close that they differ by less than a half thread over the entire length of the bolt. A thread pitch gauge won't show the difference. These are tough to tell apart. I have one pair of bolts. I also have a 7/16 tap and die. The die starts loosely on my bolt but gets tight just about as it gets fully on. The 7/16 tap does not even start in the hole in my car.

If you have some M11s I would love a pair, or four if that's how you would like to sell them. Definitely interested in the sprayers. What would you like for them?

Thanks again,

Joe

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Joe,
The seat belt anchor bolts that I have are from a 1986-ish BMW 535. Probably the simple thing to do is try them on my Duetto; if they fit, you can have them with the sprayers. I'm thinking $75 for the sprayers -let me know if I should do the garage archeology.
Mark

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Mark but I feel certain the the threads will be different so I wouldn't ask you to go digging. If you would like to for your own curiosity then by all means, have fun! What year is your Duetto?

Can you take a detailed photo of the sprayers?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
My 1967 Spider has full lap belts that use his type of anchor bolt. May be later Roundtails used the same.
Cheers, Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 1967 Spider has full lap belts that use his type of anchor bolt. May be later Roundtails used the same.
Cheers, Jon
Thanks Jon

By "full lap belts" I think you mean belts on both sides that latch in the middle. I have the Klippan crab claws, but the important thing is the bolt size. I am guessing that yours would fit but I don't see the seat belts in any of the parts manuals I have. If you would like to sell those I'm interested!

Thanks,

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
Correct. Mine meet in the center, two belts. My thought is that the threads were the same on all Roundtails. I think that the belts were factory supplied but dealer installed depending on state mandates at the time. I had the anchor bolts re chromed several years ago and are part of a "spare" parts, just in case. I can try to determine the thread number/ pitch if you would like?
Cheers, Jon

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree, I would expect that any car earlier than mine has the same threads. I wouldn't bother checking yours.

These are so close... 7/16 - 20 = .4375 - 20 and M11 - 1.25 = .4331 - 20.32. These are only .0044 diameter and 1/3 of a thread per inch different!

What would you like for your bolts? Feel free to PM if you prefer.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Brian,

Yes, that is correct... I have the hex bolts with the shoulder that accommodates the plastic inserts for the belt end at the sill, as seen in the photo. This shoulder of that bolt does not fit through the hole in the hoop that goes over the transmission tunnel so I am guessing that I am looking for a similar bolt without a shoulder. Can you confirm that or correct me? At this point I would take anything with the correct thread and worry about finding the proper hex later.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes... the hole in the hoop is 11+ mm, with proper clearance for an 11 mm bolt. The hole in the end of the belt anchor is approximately 14.5 mm to accommodate the 11mm bolt at the shoulder, plus the plastic bushings.

The bolts I have thread correctly into both the tunnel and the sill. The shoulder of the bolt is just 12 or so mm, which seems too small to be a clamping surface against the hoop, which leads me to my assumption that the correct center bolts don't have a shoulder on them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Will the screw fit without the plastic bits?

I just realized I may have misinterpreted your question... the threaded portion of the bolt fits properly, the shoulder does not fit through the hole in the hoop.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts