1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,141 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian: thank you for your help. I was able to print the instructions and photos. Now if I can just find a working Alfetta hand throttle........ Regards, Jim

·
Administrator
541 Posts
This is how I did years ago:

And it is still working perfect.

Bernhard

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
This was installed in my Spider when I bought it 20 years ago. Not sure if it was hand throttle or cold start. The handle has a twist to lock function. Let me know if you want it.
DSCN1278.JPG
DSCN1279.JPG
DSCN1279.JPG

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Jim, that's ^^^ the ticket.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
The PO of that car had installed a sure start before abandoning SPICA so the cable might have come from Shankle.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ed: yup I'd like to buy the cable/handle from you. Let me know what you want for it. My address is 10902 Aldis St. Houston TX 77075. Thank you!

·
Banned
14,996 Posts
How about $10 + shipping? I think that it will fit into a USPS priority envelope.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I've used this cable with the locking handle too. It did work great for me. Shankle always supplied a simple manual choke conversion cable that I've never used. Brad at Alfa RIcambi still sells Sure Start devices (he says it's the most popular item form the old Shankle range) and now supplies it with a lawnmower throttle lever. Ugly, but works OK.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts