Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I'm new to Alfa's and have an '87 Spider Graduate; I'm replacing my door panels and have rotten rubber grommets at door and window handles inside the panel. I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find replacements. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I posted a pic of the grommet. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Hi Tina
For what its worth I would be more concerned about fitting a plastic film between the door and your new cards. Water runs through the door so the plastic will insulate the door card. Make sure the drain holes at the bottom of the door are clean and fish oil inside the door while you are at it.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
I am not so sure there is even supposed to be a rubber grommet there?

(if I am right, saves you searching at least;))

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My first Alfa - so not sure - but both sides had this thing on the inner panel around the window crank...one side looked like the one in the photo and the other side fell to pieces when I took the panel apart. Just making sure everything goes back together the way it should! :)

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
My first Alfa - so not sure - but both sides had this thing on the inner panel around the window crank...one side looked like the one in the photo and the other side fell to pieces when I took the panel apart. Just making sure everything goes back together the way it should! :)
never seen that, can't even see how one fits in there
got a photo of the area with that grommet removed?
plus one showing whole door

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Thank you.
I'm convinced there was never a rubber there....its put there by the PO, for whatever reason.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have them in my 74. I think the purpose is to keep the chrome circle slightly lifted off the panel and/or to keep it from spinning while turning the window crank

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have them in my 74. I think the purpose is to keep the chrome circle slightly lifted off the panel and/or to keep it from spinning while turning the window crank
I agree - the panel side that didn’t have one was pushed in around the crank - other side was not that way.
So back to original question: where on earth do I find new ones?

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Still not convinced;)

if there was a rubber there it would show in the parts catalogue ('86-'87)
parts.jpg

and that only shows
A foam washer behind the metal (PN 60722531)
like this
winder.jpg

and the hard plastic rosette (PN 60722904) just under the crank handle, on top of the door card.
like this
rosette.jpg

but as you want to find a replacement, perhaps try a place like 'clips and fasteners'......you might find something similar there.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have the spacers on my '67. They do push the door cards away from the door and keep the chrome plates from spinning

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I can't recall seeing them but who knows, car companies certainly like to play with things over the years. Even though you have that plastic sheet on the inside of the door I would be putting one on the outside to protect your new door cards.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts