Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking for original Bosch Montreal fuel pump to restore/rebuild.

If you have some in more or less bad/good condition, I am interested.

If you have some parts of these pumps, I'm also very interested !

Best regards,

Gaëtan

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Had mine rebuilt by this company, and my buddy Jeff did the rest finding the proper clamps and hoses.
Did a great job. The pipes were from a company that no long exists, but OKP has them. But JPerrys

Grass Wood

Fuel Injection Corporation - Contact Us

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Those pumps look the same as or similar to what I have seen on early 70's 4 cylinder FI Alfas and mid 70's FI Mercedes. Maybe you can widen your search. Maybe I have one from a 4 cyl Alfa.

Ciao

Ken

Reactions: Monti77

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
If you can find the pump make and model, especially if that is marked on the pump it will help. Then post that info and a picture in the parts wanted forum. You broaden your audience.

Ciao

Ken

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Had mine rebuilt by this company, and my buddy Jeff did the rest finding the proper clamps and hoses.
Did a great job. The pipes were from a company that no long exists, but OKP has them. But JPerrys

View attachment 1383993

Fuel Injection Corporation - Contact Us
That is a great looking fuel pump setup. Just one of the many little details that you can't see on a Montreal! I love the copper colored Copiglia style hose clamps and cotter pins.

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Bosch p/n 0580970001
Mark it was the only piece in the car that wasn't original.
It was hacked, so Jeff & I decided to go with the original setup.
Yea the original clamps were nickel plated.
Jeff is pretty anal, he won't let me work on the car. He sold it to me over 20 years ago, but it's still his BABY!
He went through the entire car last winter, keeping the originality in tact. He rebuilt all the components brakes clutch hydraulics, tuned it up adjusted the SPICARULES!! and the air intakes, all the fluids, but on his final test drive the clutch slipped. OUCH!!
He held the car Hostage all summer wouldn't let me drive it and he will change the clutch this winter.
Best ALFA mechanic I know, and a Good Friend.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
The company I recommended did an awesome job. They gave me a discount cause I had 2! No matter what you decide, get them rebuilt even if they work. They are OLD!!
The pieces I believed they used was the plastic pieces the 3 port and the electric hookup, look at mine above. All the guts are their design.
The sound they make is awesome, Dual Pumps 60LBS, first time I ever saw the fuel pressure light off. It cost me ~3K to build mine in case you want to know, but I paid Jeff more than he ask for, I pay him what he deserves. ~ 1K in parts including the rebuild of the pumps. We changed all the lines. 45 year old car.
Peace!

·
Push hard and live
11,835 Posts
Yesterday an ad was posted somewhere on the BB for a new, Alfa original, in box three port pump for a Spica car. I can't be certain, but I have strong suspicion that the three port pump used on the early Spica 4-cyl cars is just half of the pair used on a Montreal. His asking price was slightly less than $300, which would be a steal for a new pump.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you. In fact it was an old ad that was reactivated by a new post.

I also asked it the pump was still to tell, we never know.

Best regards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.