Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 69 GTV that we have had since the 80's when I was a kid. My Dad and I are looking at restoring the car again. Any recommendations in the Mountain West States. We could ship the car further but I would rather keep it close to Utah.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Centerline is in Colorado.

Centerline Products
1220 Commerce Court
Lafayette, CO 80026

Perhaps they would be willing to recommend a shop near you.

Someone else on this board mentioned Will's Imports in Salt Lake City, Utah. His shop is/was on 945 South and 300 West. He used to work for Fiat and Alfa dealers so he is factory trained and knows these cars better than just about anybody in Salt Lake City.

Bob

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I think that sending an Alfa to a restoration shop can be very expensive, but I restored my 101 Sprint Veloce by using several shops. I rebuild engines, transmission and most mechanical and electrical system, but sent out the body to a local shop for rust repair and painting. I then sent the chrome to a shop in Escondido, CA that has chromed parts for Pebble Beach winning cars. I sent all of the fasteners and cad plated hardware to a shop in Santa Ana, CA. I sent the car to San Diego, CA for a complete interior restoration and then the car was finished. I sent many hours rebuilding the engine, transmission and other parts of the car, but I think that the car looks like it did when my father purchased it in 1961. I still spent about $40K restoring the car, but I also restored a 1971 GTV that needed to be painted, new interior and fuel injection repair for a lot less money.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A quick second for Vintage Customs in Tacoma, WA. They will do show cars to race cars; mine is a Daily Driver Spider. They have to throw me out of the shop, because I enjoy seeing all the stuff they do. Talk to Daron.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
You could also ask Karen - Hotlegs32. She is in Colorado and has been in the Alfa business a long time.

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Vintage Customs has been doing "braino's" Junior Z, of which pictures can be seen in the limited production BB site. Great work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts