Alfa Romeo Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
ddenboer

Welcome to Central Texas. I know most of the active Alfa mechanics locally and most are semi retired or have a home shop or work wrenching in the day and moonlight at night. No one I know of currently has the ability to service AND inspect in the Austin area. My suggestion would be to contact Charlie-see my above post and ask him if he has time or to ask him for a referral to anyone of a couple of guys that work semi independently. Get the car serviced and to the point that it will pass inspection and then take it to a state approved inspection station.

Also-if your car is vintage, Texas has two Vintage license plate classifications available. The most user friendly is Classic car-used for cars driven on a regular basis and Antique-driven for maintenance or to special shows . Classic cars-inspected once and the registration and plates are good for 5 years. See the Texas DMV site for more info. Classics and Antiques need to be 25 years old in order to skirt emissions, get collector car plates, less demanding inspections and have plates be good for 5 years

Classic and Antique cars generally have less exacting requirements-back up lights non-op=OK, removed side running lights for a cleaner look-ok, etc. Generally smog exempt.

The Central Texas Alfa club meets on the first Saturday of the month from 8:30 to 10:30-then lunch if you wish-at Mozarts on the Lake. Mozarts is a coffee place on Lake Austin Blvd

Good luck-Steve

Bob and Charlie dropped by the house a while back to pick up a spare transaxle I was selling, and gave the car a pretty thorough going-over. They gave me enough ideas that I was able to pinpoint the problem (worn out AAV) and have had trouble free running ever since!
Bob and Charlie dropped by the house a while back to pick up a spare transaxle I was selling, and gave the car a pretty thorough going-over. They gave me enough ideas that I was able to pinpoint the problem (worn out AAV) and have had trouble free running ever since!
Hello, Does anyone here have contact info for Bob Fernald ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.