Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a straight pipe rear exhaust section, but don't know where to get the flare and flange. If anyone knows where to get them, or has one that I could purchase, that would be perfect. I only need the flange and the flare with a short amount of pipe, but would take all the pipe up to the rear muffler.
If it makes any difference I have a 92 s.
Thanks!
-Remelo

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Maybe you could get a blown muffler from someone and cut that up? Why do you need to be able to 'hot swap' mufflers? Going racing?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The method I use is amount of throttle :) Modern cars have switches for exhaust volume, which is a lot easier than bolting in a different muffler. But, if that is what makes you happy...

·
Registered
978 Posts
Send a picture... not certain I understand but I did keep the exhaust tip from my LS just in case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Send a picture... not certain I understand but I did keep the exhaust tip from my LS just in case.
It’s not the tip, it’s the flange and the flared piece of pipe that seals with the metal donut gasket to connect the rear muffler.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Got it. Resonator to exhaust flange. I had mine reused when the shop was putting in the MagnaFlo. Shouldn't be a huge issue having new installed. If the resonator gives out, the new one can be installed with the "new flange" (providing you do not use a stock resonator).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts