Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so this might be like trying to find a needle in a haystack that is even if it hasn't been crushed by now but I just came across a trade in invoice from 1968 with the Vin number of his 1963 Alfa Romeo. He purchased this car straight from Italy and had it shipped over to him. He purchased it from his uncle who raced Alfa Romeo's in Italy and this was was modified and tuned for racing. So the Vin is AR 355428 (2 door Giulietta coupe), is there anyone out there that knows how to break down this vin so I know more about this vehicle? Also is there some sort of registry that I could type it into and see if anyone owns it now? Any help on this would be great, thanks guys I am a total newbie to this!

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was traded in at Union Park Pontiac Inc. Wilmington DE. 19806 back on March 29, 1968 if that helps anyone in this crazy search!

·
Registered
1965 Giulia Sprint GT
348 Posts
You can contact Alfastorico (do a search here on the BB for the email address), and they will tell you the build date, interior and exterior colors, and delivery date of the vehicle. There's a registry of the 105 Giulia Sprint GTs here on the board. I'm not familiar with the 101 cars, but there's probably one for those too.
Good luck with the search. A couple of years ago I tracked down a car my parents owned in 1970. It took many years, and auction catalog searches and I thought the car had been lost, but in fact it had been owned by the same family for 28 years and never been on the market. I found it soon after it they had sold it to a new owner.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
it's right hand drive, so how many right hand drive sprints are even here in the US? Shouldnt be too hard to find, presuming it hasn't left the US again...

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
OK---a negative negative. Now the appropriate thing is to post a corrected pic from the negative along with the negative negative pic---for a side-by-side look :D:D

Hope your search is productive

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
This whole thread is a cross-post of this thread in the Giulietta forum (where somebody also posted a flipped picture making the car LHD again).
The duplication of such efforts is one of the reasons why cross-posting is inefficient and ineffective.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
OK--now I see the light--and only slightly disoriented

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you have any friends in the police force or vehicle registrations they may be able to search on the vin # to see if the car is still registered or perhaps its last registration date. If you don't have any close personal contacts you are not likely to get any assistaance as disclosing the info usually isn't permitted. Might be worth a shot though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sorry guys I was just going with what I had available at the time, I was told to post it here as well as the Wanted section, and yes the negative was reversed so it's fixed now left hand drive. No contacts in the law, unless I get pulled over lol!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hope this helps the search:

Dear Mister Muzzi,
According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 355428 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint (101.12), manufactured on the 10th December 1962 and sold on the 26th March 1963 in Rome, Italy.
The body colour is Alfa red.
Yours, Sincerely,
Marco Fazio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts