Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good bulletin board/forum for the Mercedes 280 Series? I guess I could google it, but a recommendation from one of you guys would be very helpful. I've found that reading the posts from owners helps in the search/purchase process and I've always found the Mercedes 280 Series, especially the 4-seat convertibles, very classy.

I've never worked on a Mercedes (ok, I think I changed the oil on my aunt's 380SL once a long time ago), but I'm curious to know if it's any more expensive/difficult than working on an Alfa.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

I'm into old school mercedes, oh heck i'm into old school anything just about.

Best Mercedes sight going is http://www.mercedesshop.com/

Its somewhat similar to AlfaBB, but for Mercedes.

Check it out...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Ive got a 280se that I modified for rally and race use. Every time I use it, it amazes me with its capabilities. Im currently upgrading the shocks and thinking about ways of modifying the twin cam engine. There are photos at www.maximumattack.biz in the Toyota rally of SA as well as MSCA circuit sprints.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Do these mercedes come with stick shifts? or are those only the euro models? What fun is it to drive a sports car that is auto trans........what a drag.

All cars in Europe are stick shift....(except for the handicap market)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I fitted a standard 4 speed to my car for track work. Its a good strong 'box with a nice shift but the ratios are awful.
I eventually plan to fit a toyota supra 5 speed to it. I fitted one to a Lotus once and it worked well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts