Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - I'm new the forum and I'm looking for some help in finding someon who can work on my 1967 Alfa Duetto. Specifically, looking for someone to help tune the carbs (dual Webers) - just bought the car out of Colorado and figure I need to retune and rejet for lower altitude. I've heard there is some specialized equipment may be needed to get this tuned up just right. I'd like to find a mechanic that I can take the car to for regular maintenance and what ever else. Basically, looking for a mechanic or person who knows these cars and can work on them. I'm located in Monmouth County so hoping to find someone near by. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,054 Posts
I go to the Alfa Auto Clinic in Baldwin, Long Island.

About an 1.25 hours from central, NJ.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I probably would use the original Weber settings and use a slightly larger main jet because of the fuels that contain ethanol. I work on Alfas for a hobby and have restored and rebuilt a number of Alfas. I recently restored my 1961 Sprint Veloce and the engine used to run rich. The engine now runs great at normal highway speeds. I used to time trial the car and used larger main jets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.