Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for any leads on who might be the current owner of this car. The car has failed to sell twice at auction now, and I wanted to contact the owner directly rather than go through the auction company. If you know who the owner might be, I sure would appreciate any leads. The car is registered in Belgium.

Thanks
Scott Crater
Sanibel, FL USA

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Scott, that Three Window Coupe' is a beauty. Surely someone in Belgium must know this car. I think it is unfortunate that the bumpers were deleted; otherwise fantastic.

Mark

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Scott,

You’re probably aware of this but auction houses have “lock out” periods for cars that don’t make reserve or are “non-sale.” This period can be 30-90 days, depending on who is running the auction, but for a highly visible company like Bonhams I’d expect the wait would be at least a couple months.

-tj

I am looking for any leads on who might be the current owner of this car. The car has failed to sell twice at auction now, and I wanted to contact the owner directly rather than go through the auction company. If you know who the owner might be, I sure would appreciate any leads. The car is registered in Belgium.

Thanks
Scott Crater
Sanibel, FL USA

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott,

You’re probably aware of this but auction houses have “lock out” periods for cars that don’t make reserve or are “non-sale.” This period can be 30-90 days, depending on who is running the auction, but for a highly visible company like Bonhams I’d expect the wait would be at least a couple months.

-tj
Thanks TJ (aka corsachili from e9 days?), I was not aware of that, but it makes perfect sense. I am going to keep snooping for info. Best of luck with your restoration. I know it has been a long saga getting the body done, so the rest should be easy, right?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Scott. I'm living in Belgium, and I was able to follow the sale of this Alfa in Paris. The last offer was 140.000€, but insifficient offer.
This car was already in sale by Bonhams, in Chantilly, beginning of july 2019.
I think the owner is living in the region of Ostende ( I saw this Alfa for sale at a car dealer in Ostende some month ago).
If it can help you in your reseach.
Marc.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Scott. I'm living in Belgium, and I was able to follow the sale of this Alfa in Paris. The last offer was 140.000€, but insifficient offer.
This car was already in sale by Bonhams, in Chantilly, beginning of july 2019.
I think the owner is living in the region of Ostende ( I saw this Alfa for sale at a car dealer in Ostende some month ago).
If it can help you in your reseach.
Marc.
Thanks for the information. Still hunting, and not able to pinpoint the owner. Any further leads would be welcome. Thanks Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts