Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

As a relatively new member to the boards, I'm hoping I can pick your brains and learn more about the GTV 2000s. In my search for a drivable (if not super clean) car, I've found it difficult to discover any in my price range. I'd like to spend ~$5000, so it doesn't need to be in great cosmetic condition, but mechanically, I'd like it to be solid. Any suggestions or leads would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully, I'd like to get one in the next 6 months or so. I've had my eye on this beautiful model for quite some time, and now I'm getting more serious about finally buying one. So again, any help would be wonderful.

Best regards,
Garrett Simmer

·
Supporting Vendor
4,451 Posts
Garrett,

The market for GTVs has moved upwards quite a bit in the last few years. You used to be able to find the type of car you are looking for at around $5,000, but it's probably closer to $10,000 now.

Cars in the ~$5,000 range will probably have some serious rust issues, even if they are mechanically sound. Bodywork is of course the most expensive part of any restoration, and the mechanical parts are cheap in comparison, so cars in this price range are often way more expensive in the long run, even if they are cheaper to acquire.

My advice is to stretch a bit and buy the nicest car you can afford.

Joe

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Garrett,

It would also help a lot to let people know where in the world you are located, this is a very International crowd!:)

Joe is pretty accurate on the prices here in the US, a $5000 GTV will need much work these days. Although there are some real deals out there and some people are able to pick up a decent car for less its pretty rare.;)

They are great cars, I used to drive a 74 GTV daily many years ago. Find the nicest one you can afford and buy it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everyone who has replied so far. I am located in Atlanta right now, but I have family in Pennsylvania so I go back and forth between those two. I guess it's been a while since I last researched prices for this particular model - it does seem to be a little more expensive now. But I agree with what's been said. I'll probably try to stretch the budget a little now to save money in the long run. Thanks again for the input, and keep 'em coming!

Garrett

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
There's one for sale in my neighbourhood.(that's Antwerp, Belgium) Don't know the price.
I have more pictures if you're interested.
I will be interested if you can get me more info. It does look pretty nice.

Giorgio

·
Registered
758 Posts
I received a PM just before you replied, Giorgio.
I have a picture of the car with a cell phone number on it, and I'll call the owner for the price and some more info. First I 'll give this information to the person of the PM. If he's not interested, I'll post everything here.
Greetz,
Ronny

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts